Virgin ISA Money Climate Change Accounts
Virgin Money Climate Change ISAS Review
The Virgin Climate Change ISA invests in specially selected businesses (predominantly in the UK and Europe) who aim to drive outstanding profit growth and have a lighter environmental footprint.
Virgin Money believe these companies will outperform heavier polluters who are facing increasing pollution taxes and penalties, imposed by Governments and regulators.
Why get a Virgin ISA Account?
- Invest up to £7,200 this tax year (more with a Virgin Unit Trust). If you were born on or before 5 April 1960 you can invest up to £10,200. The higher allowance will apply for everyone from 6 April 2010.
- Pay in lump sums of £100 or more (there is a £500 minimum opening investment), or make regular monthly payments of £50 or more
- Invest by transferring existing ISAs to us
- Take your money out whenever you need to - there are no notice periods
What sort of service do Virgin ISA offer?
Manage your Money – you can access your Virgin Direct ISA easily online, at a cash machine, by post or over the phone. - Transfer in any existing cash ISAs completely free of charge.
The Virgin ISAs account send you a statement at least once a year, so you'll always know exactly how your tax free savings are doing.
Virgin Money ISA Account Benefits?
From 6 October 2009, the annual ISA allowance will increase for customers who are aged 50 or over, by the 5 April 2010, to £10,200 per tax year. Of this up to £5,100 can be contributed to a Cash ISA. From 06 April 2010, the increased allowance will apply to all customers.
- You want to save from as little as £500
Who can apply for a Virgin ISA account?
You need to be over 16 to open a Virgin isa savings account. The form takes a few minutes to complete with an easy step by step guide and as you would expect secure website protection.
Once you completed the form, Virgin Money will send you a letter in the post to confirm your isa account is opened.
Where do I make a complaint?
If you would like to make a complaint about your isa account, contact Customer Relations on 08456 10 20 20
However if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you can write to Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR.