Santander Visa Debit Card
Santander Visa Debit Card
The Santander debit card is Visa branded, Your Santander Debit Card can be used to.
- Pay for goods or services in shops, restaurants, wherever you see the Visa logo shown on your debit card.
- Get up to £100 cash back when you pay with your Santander debit card in many shops, supermarkets and other retailers. A convenient way to get cash without visiting a cash machine
- Make purchases online with your debit card. Your card is security is enhanced when you sign-up to either Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode.
- Withdraw cash without paying fees at any Santander Bank cash machine. (You can also withdraw cash from non-Santander cash machines, but some will charge a fee).
Use your Santander Visa Debit Card Overseas
- Before you travel, tell Santander you will be using your debit card abroad.
- Pay for goods or services worldwide wherever you see the Visa logo.
- Withdraw local currency at cash machines worldwide
When using your Santander visa card abroad any foreign currency debit card payments, including cash withdrawals are converted to Sterling by VISA using wholesale market rates applying on the day the conversion is made.
When paying for goods in the UK should i use my Santander Debit Card
Use your Santander Visa Debit card to pay for goods where ever you see the Visa symbol. Remember to check the amount before you enter your PIN or sign a sales voucher. You can spend up to the balance on your account, or the amount of any agreed overdraft.
Getting Cashback on my Santander Debit Card
Many supermarkets and retailers in the UK offer cashback up to £100 when paying by debit card. Cashback provides convenient access to your money without using a cash machine.
If your debit card features the cheque guarantee symbol, Santander will guarantee your personal cheques up to the amount shown on your debit card.
Withdrawing Cash using my Santander Debit Card
You can withdraw cash at over 10,800 cash machines. These are split between Santander branches
in 40 countries, as well as petrol stations, foreign exchange outlets and train stations.
You can do the following at Santander Cash Machines
- withdraw cash from any of 10,800 ATMs in the UK, including in train stations, supermarkets and garages
- withdraw cash abroad
- make balance enquiries
- order a mini-statement or cheque book
- change your PIN number
- pay in cash and cheques
- pay bills (at over 750 machines)
- top up your mobile
Identity theft is when somebody uses your name and other personal information for fraudulent purposes. Santander state of the art fraud detection systems look for unusual activity on your account. Also keep yourself protected by following the tips below:
- Memorise your PIN and then destroy the PIN advice and any other security information provided.
- Keep secure (or shred) all receipts, letters and other confidential papers including bank statements that contain your name and address or other personal information.
- Don’t keep items such as cheque books, cards and personal identification (e.g. passport, driving licence) together.
Banking provided by
Santander debit card . Santander plc. Santander is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority number 106054.