Natwest Visa Debit Card Review
Natwest Visa Debit Card Review
The Natwest debit card is Visa branded, Your Visa Debit Cards can be used to.
- Pay for goods or services in shops, restaurants, wherever you see the Visa logo shown on your debit card.
- Get up to £100 cash back when you pay with your Natwest debit card in many shops, supermarkets and other retailers. A convenient way to get cash without visiting a cash machine
- Make purchases online with your debit card. Your card is security is enhanced when you sign-up to either Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode.
- Withdraw cash without paying fees at any Natwest bank branch cash machine. (You can also withdraw cash from non-branch cash machines, but some will charge a fee).
Use your Natwest Visa Debit Card Overseas
- Before you travel, tell Natwest you will be using your debit card abroad.
- Pay for goods or services worldwide wherever you see the Visa logo.
- Withdraw local currency at cash machines worldwide
When using your Natwest visa card abroad any foreign currency debit card payments, including cash withdrawals are converted to Sterling by VISA using wholesale market rates applying on the day the conversion is made.
Paying for goods in the UK use a Natwest debit card
Use your Natwest Visa Debit card to pay for goods where ever you see the Visa symbol. Remember to check the amount before you enter your PIN or sign a sales voucher. You can spend up to the balance on your account, or the amount of any agreed overdraft.
Getting Cashback with a Natwest debit card
Many supermarkets and retailers in the UK offer cashback up to £100 when paying by debit card. Cashback provides convenient access to your money without using a cash machine.
If your debit card features the cheque guarantee symbol, Natwest will guarantee your personal cheques up to the amount shown on your debit card.
Withdrawing Cash on my Natwest debit card
You can withdraw cash at over 3200 cash machines in the UK. These are split between Natwest branches, as well as Tesco, Royal Bank of Scotland and petrol stations, foreign exchange outlets and train stations.
You can do the following at Natwest Cash Machines
- withdraw cash from any of 3,200 ATMs in the UK, including in train stations, supermarkets and garages
- withdraw cash abroad
- make balance enquiries
- order a mini-statement or cheque book
- change your PIN number
- pay in cash and cheques
- pay bills (at over 750 machines)
- top up your mobile
Identity theft is when somebody uses your name and other personal information for fraudulent purposes. Natwest state of the art fraud detection systems look for unusual activity on your account. Also keep yourself protected by following the tips below:
- Memorise your PIN and then destroy the PIN advice and any other security information provided.
- Keep secure (or shred) all receipts, letters and other confidential papers including bank statements that contain your name and address or other personal information.
- Don’t keep items such as cheque books, cards and personal identification (e.g. passport, driving licence) together
Free Banking provided by NatWest
NatWest debit card is part of National Westminister account is a member of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group. RBS is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority number is 121882.