HSBC Debit Cards Review
HSBC Debit Cards Review
The HSBC debit card is Visa branded, Your HSBC Debit Card can be used to.
- Pay for goods or services in shops, restaurants, wherever you see the Visa logo shown on your debit card.
- Get up to £100 cash back when you pay with your HSBC debit card in many shops, supermarkets and other retailers. A convenient way to get cash without visiting a cash machine
- Make purchases online with your debit card. Your card is security is enhanced when you sign-up to either Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode.
- Withdraw cash without paying fees at any HSBC Bank cash machine. (You can also withdraw cash from non-HSBC cash machines, but some will charge a fee).
Use your HSBC Debit Card Overseas
- Before you travel, tell HSBC you will be using your debit card abroad.
- Pay for goods or services worldwide wherever you see the Visa logo.
- Withdraw local currency at cash machines worldwide
When using your HSBC visa card abroad any foreign currency debit card payments, including cash withdrawals are converted to Sterling by VISA using wholesale market rates applying on the day the conversion is made.
When paying for goods in the UK consider using HSBC Debit Card
Use your HSBC Visa Debit card to pay for goods where ever you see the Visa symbol. Remember to check the amount before you enter your PIN or sign a sales voucher. You can spend up to the balance on your account, or the amount of any agreed overdraft.
Getting Cashback on your HSBC Debit Card
Many supermarkets and retailers in the UK offer cashback up to £100 when paying by debit card. Cashback provides convenient access to your money without using a cash machine.
HSBC Guaranteed cheques
If your debit card features the cheque guarantee symbol, HSBC will guarantee your personal cheques up to the amount shown on your debit card.
Withdrawing Cash with a HSBC Debit Card
You can withdraw cash at over 4000 cash machines in the UK. These are split between HSBC branches, as well as M&S, Waitrose and petrol stations, foreign exchange outlets and train stations.
You can do the following at HSBC Cash Machines
- Withdraw cash up to your daily limit
- Top-up pay-as-you-go mobile phones
- Make payments to your HSBC credit card
- Check your account balance
- View and print mini statements
- Request a statement by post
- Activate replacement debit cards
- Change and/or unlock your PIN
- Make charity donations.
- Protecting yourself against Identity Fraud
HSBC Identity theft
Identity theft is when somebody uses your name and other personal information for fraudulent purposes. HSBC state of the art fraud detection systems look for unusual activity on your account. Also keep yourself protected by following the tips below:
- Memorise your PIN and then destroy the PIN advice and any other security information provided.
- Keep secure (or shred) all receipts, letters and other confidential papers including bank statements that contain your name and address or other personal information.
- Don’t keep items such as cheque books, cards and personal identification (e.g. passport, driving licence) together.
Banking provided by HSBC
HSBC debit card is incorporated in England and Wales and HSBC Basic Banking plc is regulated by the Financial Services Authority Number is 14259.