Halifax Bank Account Review
Halifax Bank Account Review
Halifax Reward Bank Account replaces the usual interest payments with something that's easy to understand – and potentially far more rewarding Halifax give you £5 each month you pay in £1,000, whether you are in credit or overdrawn and offer an overdraft with overdraft fees that are simple to understand. Where you pay daily overdraft fees rather than monthly interest, making it easy to manage your money.
In addition you get a free Halifax Visa debit card, allowing you to withdraw up to £300 per day from cash machines. Plus get mini statements, check your balance and top up your mobile.
Why get a Halifax Bank Account?
With Halifax Ultimate Reward Current Account, you get a £5 reward payment each calendar month when you pay in £1,000. Plus you can enjoy a great range of benefits, including worldwide multi-trip travel insurance, the first £300 of any arranged overdraft is fee-free and RAC breakdown cover. All for just £12.50 a month
What sort of service do they offer?
The first £300 of any arranged overdraft is fee-free . Above that amount Halifax simply charge you a daily overdraft fee every day you use your overdraft. You need to be aware you may not get a £300 fee-free overdraft. Whether you can have an overdraft and the amount will depend upon your personal circumstances at the time you apply for one. Any overdraft we agree is subject to status and all overdrafts are repayable on demand.
Halifax Reward Benefits?
- Free Halifax debit card
- Earn interest
- Free mobile banking
- Mobile top ups at Halifax ATM's
- 24 / 7 internet banking
- Telephone banking and branch banking
Additional Banking Features
- Worldwide multi-trip travel insurance for two adults and all your children – including winter sports cover and golf trips.
- RAC car breakdown cover – roadside assistance when you need it most. You're covered if you're a driver or a passenger in any car away from your home.
- Mobile phone insurance at home and abroad if your mobile phone is lost, stolen or damaged. You're covered anywhere in the world.
- Home Emergency cover – from burst pipes to broken windows, get the help and repairs you need.
- Travel accident cover – protection if you have an accident while travelling on public transport in the UK or abroad.
Who can apply for a Halifax bank account?
You need to be over 18 not bankrupt or have any CCJ's registered against you, with a regular income to apply for an account, The form takes a few minutes to complete with an easy step by step guide and as you would expect secure website protection.
Once you completed the form, Halifax will send you a letter in the post to confirm your account is opened. Your debit card can then be collected at a local branch.
Where do I make a complaint?
If you would like to make a complaint about your account, contact Customer Relations, Halifax, PO Box 548, Leeds, LS1 1WU. However if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint you can write to Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR.