GM Credit Card Review
GM Credit Card Review
With credit cards, there are just so many options to choose from these days. One thing that's unique about GM card is how rewarding it can be by using your spending power to gain savings on a new Vauxhall or Saab as part of thier card reward program. And that's on top of other specials or deals you can negotiate at the time of purchase.
Simply use your GM Card every time you shop. The big purchases like holidays and furniture can make quite a difference. But even all the little things like milk and bread will help you get there faster. It all adds up!
As you accumulate Rebate Points in our credit card reward program , you can redeem them for savings on a new Vauxhall or Saab. In fact, you don't even need to wait to accumulate a certain amount of points - redeem as many as you'd like when you buy your new car. Ultimately, you could save up to £2500 off a new car (subject to the Model Line Maximum).
Who can apply?
If you can answer yes to all these questions
- Will your GM Card be for personal use?
- Do you live in the UK or the Channel Islands?
- Are you 18 years or older? (21 if you're in the Channel Islands)
- Do you have a household income of more than £4,000 (gross)?
- Do you have a good credit history?
Credit Card Application Process?
The online application form takes a five minutes to complete with an easy step by step instructions and as you would expect secure website protection, make sure you have all the details with you as the application will ask you your personal details, details about your work, what type of card you want and finally confirm the legal, terms and conditions. You will get a reply in 60 seconds
If you apply online between the hours of 8am-8pm Monday to Thursday, 8am-5pm on Friday.
What are the benefits of GM MasterCard?
- Up to 56 days for purchases when you pay your balance in full every month by the due date. There is no interest-free period for Balance Transfers or Cash Advances.
- Rebate Points are earned at the rate of 3% of your spend.
- 1 Rebate Point is equivalent to a £1 saving off the price of your new Vauxhall or Saab (subject to the Model Line Maximum).
- Partner Points are earned on top of your normal Rebate Points whenever you shop at The GM Card Partners. The Partner Points rate is currently 3% of your spend.
- 100 free Rebate Points when you use your GM Card for the first time (the equivalent to £100 saving off your new Vauxhall or Saab).
- Transfer your Rebate Points to an eligible family member who is not a GM Cardholder.
- Two GM Cardholders living at the same address can pool their Rebate Points.
- Free additional Card(s).
£12 if you exceed your credit limit.
£12 if you pay late.
£12 if a cheque for a Balance Transfer is returned unpaid.
£12 if any payment is returned unpaid.
£12 if we serve a Default Notice.
What is the minimum payment month?
Minimum monthly repayments of £5 or 2% of the balance (whichever is greater).
PAYMENT PROTECTION INSURANCE?
The monthly premium for PPI is 79p, including Insurance Premium Tax, for every £100 of your outstanding balance as at the statement date.
Where do i make a Complaint?
- If you have a complaint, please raise it with our Customer Services department, by telephone or in writing. If you telephone and the matter can easily be put right, we will do so, and that will be the end of the matter.
- In the unlikely event that you remain unhappy, you can ask for the complaint to be progressed to the next stage where the matter will be reviewed by a Senior Manager. We expect that this will bring the matter to a mutually agreeable solution.
- In the unlikely event that you remain dissatisfied you can ask for the matter to be referred to the Chief Executive Officer which is the third stage of our complaints procedure a separate investigation will be carried out and the Bank's final response issued to you.
However, if you are not satisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you can write to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR. Please contact Customer Services on 0870 600 0234. You can call the number anytime, 24 hours, 7 days a week