Barclays Debit Cards Review
Barclays Debit Cards Review
The Barclays debit card is Visa branded, Your Barclays Debit Card offer you control and convenience when using your Barclays debit card.
Debit cards are perfect solution for people who want to stay in control of their money but also make quick, easy and safe transactions, without having to carry around lots of cash.
Using your Barclays Visa Debit Card Overseas
- Before you travel, tell Barclays you will be using your debit card abroad.
- Pay for goods or services worldwide wherever you see the Visa logo.
- Withdraw local currency at cash machines worldwide
When using your Barlcays visa card abroad any foreign currency debit card payments, including cash withdrawals are converted to Sterling by VISA using wholesale market rates applying on the day the conversion is made.
Paying for goods in the UK with your Barclays debit card
Barclays provide online accounts and also paper statements so you can see everything you spend will be itemised on your statement and you can see what you’ve spent by logging on to Online Banking.
Getting Cashback with your Barclays debit card
Many supermarkets and retailers in the UK offer cashback up to £100 when paying by debit card. Cashback provides convenient access to your money without using a cash machine.
Barclays guaranteed cheques
If your debit card features the cheque guarantee symbol, Barclays will guarantee your personal cheques up to the amount shown on your debit card.
Barclays Contactless Debit Cards
Barclays offer contactless debit cards where you are able to pay for small transactions under £15 without the need of carrying cash.
Barclays Contactless technology lets you make fast and secure payments for items of £15 or less. All you need to do is hold your barclayscard near the reader and you’re ready to go.
Barclays debit cards offer the following
- Withdraw up to £300 a day from Barclays cash machines so long as you have sufficient funds or an agreed overdraft
- Top-up pay-as-you-go mobile phones
- Make payments to your Barclays credit card
- Check your account balance
- View and print mini statements
- Request a statement by post
- Activate replacement debit cards
- Change and/or unlock your PIN
- Protection of your cards and documents with Cardholder Protection
- A carbon neutral debit card
Keep your Barclays debit card safe from Identity theft
Identity theft is has become common within the UK and is where somebody uses your name and other personal information for fraudulent purposes. Barclays state of the art fraud detection systems look for unusual activity on your account. Also keep yourself protected by following the tips below:
- Memorise your PIN and then destroy the PIN advice and any other security information provided.
- Keep secure (or shred) all receipts, letters and other confidential papers including bank statements that contain your name and address or other personal information.
- Don’t keep items such as cheque books, cards and personal identification (e.g. passport, driving licence) together.
Banking provided by Barclays
Barclays debit card Barclays Plc is registered in England No 1026167. Registered office 1 Churchill Place, London E14 5HP. Barclays Bank PLC is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority.