Barclaycard flexi rate Card Review
Barclaycard Flexi rate Card Review
Let's face it. With the best will in the world, it may not be always feasible to settle your credit card bill in full every month. But if you could pay some of it back, wouldn't it be nice to have your efforts appreciated?
Barclaycard have an innovative Flexi-Rate™ Card offers tiered interest rates, so the more you pay back each month, the less we'll charge you in interest.
Barclaycard reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time. This offer is only available to new customers. You will be required to use a PIN with this credit card in order to pay for goods and services over the counter in shops and other outlets
Who can apply Barclaycard?
- To get a Barclaycard flexi rate account you have to have a good credit history,
- Are 21 or over,
- Have a permanent UK address for 3 months or more, Have a regular income of more than £10,000 pa
- Don't already have a Barclaycard
- Haven't missed multiple payments on a credit agreement within the last 12 months and
- Don't have a CCJ,IVA or have not been registered bankrupt.
Credit Card Application Process?
The Barclaycard online application form takes a five minutes to complete with an easy step by step instructions and as you would expect secure website protection, make sure you have all the details with you as the application will ask you your personal details, details about your work, what type of card you want and finally confirm the legal, terms and conditions.
If you apply online between the hours of 8am-8pm Monday to Thursday, 8am-5pm on Friday you could get an instant decision. For all other applications you should hear from us within 7-10 working days.
What are the benefits of a Barclaycard Card?
- Purchase Delivery Protection against loss or damage to online, phone or mail orders from despatch to door (second-hand goods and services excluded)
- Identity Protection Service - advice about protecting yourself from identity theft
- Great holiday deals with our Travel Service
- Safer shopping with Fraud Protection including Chip and PIN and monitoring your account for unusual spending
- Emergency help when travelling abroad
- Opt in for text alerts five days before your payment is due
- Convenient online account management
- Emergency cash advance and credit card replacement service
- 24 hour helpline
What are the credit card charge rates?
Card issue fee Free
Typical APR Rate Typical 14.9% APR variable.
Flexi-rate™ - you control the rate you pay and can be as low as 9.9%
Intro Offers 0% interest on balance transfers for 12 months from account opening (2.5% handling fee applies)
Annual renewal fee Free
Barclaycard Flexi rate default charges are Late payment: £12 - Over credit limit fee: £12 - Returned payment: £12
What is the minimum payment each month?
Barclaycard Flexi rate minimum payments are 2.25% or £5, whichever is greater. If you only make the minimum payment it will take longer and cost you more to clear your balance.
Payment Protection option?
Barclaycard have different levels of cover so you can have the one that is right for you. It's true that most of us can manage our monthly payments most of the time but what if you unexpectedly lost your job or had an accident? - Well, they can offer you a back-up plan which pays off 10% of your balance each month for up to 12 months if the unexpected happens. - So the last thing you need to worry about is your credit-card repayments. - It could also pay off your whole balance if the worst happened and you died.
Where do i make a Complaint?
Barclaycard are committed to providing you with the best service they can. But sometimes things can go wrong and they don't live up to our promises.
If this happens to you, Barclaycard want to know. That way, we can put matters right for you and make sure it doesn't happen to another customer in the future.
You can contact us by email, telephone, fax, post or in person. Call them on 0844 811 9111 - Fax us at 01604 254 152 - Write to them at: Barclaycard, Customer Relations Department, 1234 Pavilion Drive, Northampton, NN4 7SG
Your right to cancel?
You have a right to cancel this agreement. This right will expire 14 calendar days after we post the card to you. Unless you cancel within this period you will be bound by this Agreement. If you wish to cancel this Agreement, please send written notice to Barclaycard, Department BCR, Northampton NN4 7SG. If you cancel you will still need to repay any money already lent to you. Unless you repay this money in full within a month of cancellation on all rights, you may be required to pay interest or other charges under the terms of this Agreement.