Alliance and Leicester Debit Card
Alliance and Leicester Visa Card
The Alliance and Leicester debit card is Visa branded, Your Alliance and Leicester Debit Card can be used to.
- Pay for goods or services, wherever you see the Visa logo shown on your debit card.
- Get cash back when you pay with your Alliance and Leicester debit card.
- A convenient way to get cash without visiting a cash machine
- Make purchases online with your debit card. Your card is security is enhanced when you sign-up to either Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode.
- Withdraw cash without paying fees at any Alliance and Leicester Bank cash machine. (You can also withdraw cash from non-branch cash machines, but some may charge).
Using your Alliance & Leicester Visa Debit Card Overseas
- Before you travel, tell Alliance and Leicester you will be using your debit card abroad.
- Pay for goods or services worldwide wherever you see the Visa logo.
- Withdraw local currency at cash machines worldwide
When using your Alliance and Leicester visa card abroad any foreign currency debit card payments, including cash withdrawals are converted to Sterling by VISA using wholesale market rates applying on the day the conversion is made.
When paying for goods in the UK Card
Use your Alliance & Leicester Visa Debit card to pay for goods where ever you see the Visa symbol. Remember to check the amount before you enter your PIN or sign a sales voucher. You can spend up to the balance on your account, or the amount of any agreed overdraft.
Alliance and Leicester services
Alliance & Leicester provide market-leading rates just by managing your bank account online.
- Earn 5% AER (fixed for one year) on balances up to £1,000. After one year, 1% AER (variable) applies. Balances over £1,000 earn 0.10% AER (variable).
- Get a Free Visa debit card.
- You must be aged between 16 and 20
Do Alliance & Leicester guarantee cheques
If your debit card features the cheque guarantee symbol, Alliance & Leicester will guarantee your personal cheques up to the amount shown on your debit card.
Withdrawing Cash at Alliance & Leicester
You can withdraw cash at over 10,800 cash machines. These are split between Alliance & Leicester branches in 40 countries, as well as petrol stations, foreign exchange outlets and train stations.
You can do the following at Alliance & Leicester Cash Machines
Alliance & Leicester debit card accounts are simple and straightforward to use. The Basic Cash Account makes it easy to pay money into your account, check your balance and take cash out at any cash machine or Post Office branch counter in the UK. There is no Arranged Overdraft facility or cheque book. Account holders must be 16 or over and UK residents. Alliance & Leicester do not offer accounts to undischarged bankrupts. This account was previously known as the CashPlus account
Identity theft is when somebody uses your name and other personal information for fraudulent purposes. Alliance & Leicester state of the art fraud detection systems look for unusual activity on your account. Also keep yourself protected by following the tips below:
- Memorise your PIN and then destroy the PIN advice and any other security information provided.
- Keep secure (or shred) all receipts, letters and other confidential papers including bank statements that contain your name and address or other personal information.
- Don’t keep items such as cheque books, cards and personal identification (e.g. passport, driving licence) together.
Banking provided by
Alliance & Leicester debit card . Santander plc. Registered Office: Abbey National House, 2 Triton Square, Regent’s Place, London, NW1 3AN, United Kingdom. Registered Number 2294747. Registered in England. Telephone 0870 607 6000. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority