Olympic Visa Gift Cards Launched
With the Olympic games coming soon we will see a new set of Olympic Visa gift cards launched which will enable consumers to either save these as collectables or use them to pay for goods and services as only Visa prepaid, debit and credit cards are only accepted.
A big part of Visa’s Olympic Games promotion include prepaid gift cards. We take see from previous games what they will look like and will will be available to buy from Compare Prepaid or from the official Visa website.
In the 2010 Winter Olympic Games in Vancouver BC Visa prepaid gift cards with art and graphics were available. The designs include images of different athletes and sports. For example, U.S. athletes like skier Julia Mancuso, or snowboarder Lindsey Jacobellis, and Canadian athletes like snowboarder Dominique Maltais, or freestyle skier Chris Wong.
So why get an Olympic Visa Gift card?
Visa branded cards are the only cards that will be accepted within the Olympics games and as the Olympic Visa Gift card is a prepaid card it offers guaranteed acceptance no matter your credit rating so everyone will be accepted. Visa Gift cards are loaded with a set amount of funds and can be used for multiple purchases for as long as value remains on the card. Giving an Olympic Visa Gift card puts the power of choice in the hands of your friends and family.
How does my Olympic Visa Gift card work?
- The Olympic Visa Gift card is a non-reloadable prepaid card, meaning the initial value is set by the person who purchased the card. Additional funds cannot be added later.
- The Visa Gift card carries the Visa logo like any other Visa card, so it can be used at the millions of places that accept Visa cards, including online.
- As with a credit card, when you are ready to pay, simply hand the card to the cashier and sign the purchase receipt.
- Each time you make a purchase, that amount is automatically deducted from the card balance. It is best to personally keep track of your balance, as most merchants will not be able to tell you.
- The card does not offer a line of credit like a credit card.
- If your gift card says Valid only in UK on the front, the provider has issued a Domestic Use Only card. Although your gift card will not be accepted at locations outside of Canada, it is welcome at wherever Visa cards are accepted within Canada.
- You will notice on some cards the phrase "ELECTRONIC USE ONLY" printed on the front of the card. This means that your card must be swiped through an electronic terminal at a retail store in order to complete a purchase transaction. Because there are no raised letters on this type of card, it cannot be used at merchants who use manual imprint machines.