New Ryanair Cash Passport
Ryanair is planning to introduce a new Prepaid MasterCard called the ‘Ryanair Cash Passport’, which will enable passengers to avoid its booking fee. Currently Ryanair’s charge a £6 admin fee but this will not apply to UK bookings completed with Ryanair Cash Passport from 4th October 2011 onwards.
Currently any Prepaid MasterCard can be used for free to save on the £6 admin fee. However from 1th November 2011 bookings made with any other UK Prepaid MasterCard card will Pay the Ryanair’s £6 admin fee.
The Ryanair Cash Passport Card is being managed by Access Prepaid Worldwide and is a white label version of the Access Cash Passport Card which currently has 7 currency cards to choose from ranging from
- British Pounds
- United States Dollars
- New Zealand Dollars
- Singapore Dollars*
- Hong Kong Dollars*
- Australian Dollars.
The move to use Access Prepaid Worldwide white label version is a sensable one due to the failure of their previous Ryanair prepaid card called the Orion Prepaid Card where the processor went under last year.
This time round the Ryanair Cash Passport will be managed by Access Prepaid Worldwide who will deliver benefits for cardholders ranging from waiving of transactions fees for payments made online to free prizes and special introductory offers to all Ryanair Prepaid MasterCard holders.
Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said: “Ryanair’s £6 admin fee will not apply to any bookings made with ‘Ryanair Cash Passport’ and there are no transaction charges for using the card at UK merchants until 31st March 2012, so we recommend that UK passengers make the switch to ‘Ryanair Cash Passport’ as soon as possible to take advantage of the no fee offer.”
The Ryanair Cash Passport will deliver the following benefits for cardholders:
- The card purchase fee of £6 will be reimbursed to Ryanair passengers since each cardholder will receive a £6 Ryanair travel voucher.
- There will be no admin fees on any Ryanair bookings.
- No transaction fees will be levied on cardholders for any payments made on the Ryanair.com website.
- Special introductory offer for all Ryanair cardholders, there will be no transaction fees on any UK purchases until 31st March 2012.
- Ryanair Cash Passport will offer a convenient and secure way to carry money abroad
- Ability to make purchases and make ATM withdrawals
- Free card top-ups can be made at cashpassport.com/ryanair.
Just like a debit card, the Ryanair Cash Passport can also be used for ATM withdrawals, online and high-street purchases at more than 32 million locations worldwide (that display the Mastercard Acceptance Mark). The Ryanair Cash Passport will be rolled out in other European countries in the coming months.