10 Fast Money Savers
Follow these top tips on how to save money every day now.
- Take a sandwich to work. Even if you only spend £5 a day (and if you add up all the extra snacks and coffees honestly it’s more likely to be double that), that’s £100 a month and a massive £1,200 a year. In six years, that could buy you a new car!
- Cycle to work. Or get off the bus or train one stop early and walk. Not only will you save cash, but you’ll also get loads of exercise, completely free.
- Drink at Home: One night a week, swap your glass of wine at the pub for a couple at home with friends.
- Don’t buy lottery tickets. Just face it – it won’t be you! Instead, put the money you would have spent into paying off a debt, or a piggy bank, and save for a rainy day.
- Ditch the Credit Card in Favour of a Prepaid Credit Card: It will help you budget more effectively as you can only spend the money you have.
- Sell your unwanted items on eBay. Everyone has a stash of clothes they never wear and products they have never used, and you could make a killing selling yours. Just make sure you don’t get sidetracked buying yet more unwanted items.
- Book in Advance to Save: It’s not just holidays that are cheaper if you book them in advance. You can get great cut-price deals on theatre tickets and theme parks if you hunt around on websites on travel booking websites.
- Stop smoking. Besides feeling and looking better, if you usually smoke 20 a day you’ll also save a whopping £2,000 a year.
- Magazine Subscriptions: If, and only if, you read a magazine every month without fail, subscribing will save you a lot of cash off the cover price. Look around for the best deal – they are usually offered inside the magazine rather than from another source.
- Slow Down when Buying: Don’t buy clothes in the hope they’ll fit you soon. Unless you are doing some marathon training, the chances are, they wont. You’ll end up with a pile of expensive clothes that are completely useless.