Santander preffered current account
Santander Preferred Current Account- General Information
With an Sandander Bank account you get to choose a bank account that matches the way you want. If you're usually in credit, the Sandander Preferred In Credit Rate Bank Account offers interest of 5% AER gross (variable) on balances up to £ 2,500. This rate is available for the first 12 months.
Need an overdraft or if you tend to use your overdraft, the Sandander Preferred Overdraft Rate Bank Account gives you an interest-free overdraft for the first 4 months. To benefit from these rates you will have to pay at least £1000 into the account each month.
- Enjoy one of the highest rates of interest for a bank account in the UK
- Choose – what type of bank account you need. Sandander are one of the only UK banks to offer two bank accounts depending on whether you are usually in credit or overdrawn
- Access your current account around the clock with Online Banking, Telephone Banking and over 700 Abbey branches.
- Open up a Sandander bank account and if your children are aged between 11 and 18 they will receive a preferential rate of interest of 5% AER on balances up to £500 if they open a Youth Plus Account
Special Offer! £100 cashback and 5% AER (fixed) when you switch using our dedicated Switching Service and pay at least £1,000 into your new account each month
Santander Preferred Bank Account - Banking Fees or Charges
Type of Account: Current Account
|ACCOUNT USAGE CHARGES|
|Transaction Charge UK||FREE|
|Transaction Charge Abroad||2.75%|
|ATM Charge UK||FREE|
|ATM Charge Abroad||£1.25|
|Overdraft and Default Payments|
|4 months Overdraft Fee||0%|
|Stopped Cheque fee||FREE|
|Overdraft capped fee||£0.50|
Representative Example: For customers who switch. 0% EAR (variable) Arranged Overdraft. No Daily Arranged Overdraft Fee for the first 4 months. Then 50p per day capped at 20 days each monthly statement period applies thereafter. Subject to Status and Application.
Santander Preferred Current Account- Apply Online
You have chosen to apply for a Sandander Current Bank Account. Please ensure you meet the following points as this will make your application more likely to be approved.
1. Please Ensure That:
You are at least 18 Years of Age
You are a permanent resident/citizen of the UK
Have ready financial information
Your address and contact details
Free Bank account
2. Proceed With Your Application
Sandander Application process takes approx 10 minutes to complete.These points are simply a guide to the minimum acceptance criteria for Santander Bank. Please ensure you read Sandander copies of the fees and interest rates and terms and conditions that apply to Abbey personal accounts. If your application has been agreed in principle, you will receive your application pack within the next few days.
Santander Preferred Account
48-54, Moorgate, Moorgate, City of LondonEC2R 6EJ
Tel: 0800 389 7000