How to keep your Prepaid Credit Card Safe
Top tips on keeping your prepaid card safe and secure.
These tips are important and universal:
- Sign your card — as soon as you receive your prepaid credit card sign it! (Obviously, this is only as effective as the person who’s checking it.)
- When you use your card at an ATM , enter your PIN in such a way that no one can easily memorize your keystrokes. also use your other hand to sheild anyone from seeing you enter the numbers
- Don’t leave your receipt behind at the ATM.
Your PIN and account number from a discarded receipt could make you vulnerable to prepaid credit card fraud. Also, don’t throw out your prepaid credit card mini statement, statement, any receipts or carbons without first shredding them!
- Never give your credit-card number over the telephone unless you initiated the call.Even when you place the call to a legitimate merchant (such as a mail-order company), never give your card number out over a cordless phone . Radio scanners that eavesdrop on these conversations are available for a few hundred quid at any electronics store, and your voice can be received by one from a far greater distance than the maximum useful range of your cordless phone. One common scam is when someone calls you “back” right after you place an order, claims to be from the merchant and tells you that there was a problem with your prepaid card number and would you mind giving it to them again? The best thing to do is ask for a contact name and call the merchant back at the number you used originally.
- Ignore any prepaid credit card offer that requires you to spend money up-front or fails to disclose the identity of the card issuer.
- Make certain you get your card back after you make a purchase (one habit to observe is to leave your wallet open in your hand until you have the card back). Also, make sure that you personally rip up any voided or cancelled sales slips.
- Always keep a list of your prepaid cards and credit cards, credit-card numbers and telephone numbers in case your card is stolen or lost.
- Check your online statement to make certain all charges are your own, and immediately notify the card issuer of any errors or unauthorised charges.
The user needs to provide the proof of his or her identity and address in order to apply for the prepaid MasterCard. The best part about getting a prepaid MasterCard is that the user does not need to provide credit history, credit checks or other personal information to get the facilities of MasterCard. Once the prepaid card is sent or given to the user, all he or she needs to do is to get the card activated by simply following the basic instructions that are provided by the respective card provider.
The maestro card is an apt solution for easy shopping, paying bills and other monthly subscriptions. They are very easy to avail and have lots of benefits for the cardholders. Maestro card is a debit-card service that is run internationally by MasterCard. These maestro cards can be obtained from the associate banks very easily and can be either prepaid cards or may be linked to current accounts of the cardholder. Like any other prepaid card it has the company branding, the signature strip and the number of the card on it.